On September 15, 2012 “Things We Don’t Talk About: Women’s Stories from the Red Tent” premiered in Northampton, MA and was released to the world on DVD! And now it’s the film’s 1st birthday and we are celebrating and we want you to celebrate with us!
Our year in review:
We have done more than 200 screenings in 29 US States and 7 Countries, including multiples screenings in Australia, United Kingdom, Netherlands, Israel, Chile, and Germany. We have also been accepted to many film festivals and won some awards! We believe that over 300,000 people have seen the film this year! And we are thrilled to announce that there are 1,000’s and 1,000’s of Red Tents that have formed throughout the world, some even in the most remote places.
When we started the film in 2008 and launched the fundraising campaign in 2010 we said, “Let’s Build Something Together” and as a global Red Tent community we are doing just that. “Things We Don’t Talk About” documents the stories of women reclaiming their sacredness, their truth, and their voice as changers in the world. We are grateful that so many women have been inspired by the film and are bringing Red Tents and Red Tent Temples to their community. We are in a new era of history–Red Tents are sweeping the world and it is thrilling!
New DVD with subtitles in 5 languages
We are excited to announce the release of the 2nd edition DVD featuring subtitles in Spanish, German, Portuguese, Hebrew, and English closed captions. Thanks to the help of some amazing volunteers who translated the film and created the subtitles!
Click here to purchase your copy now.
Something is moving among us. We are learning to co-collaborate, co-create and move together in community where there are more resources together than alone. We are also listening to our intuition and finding the next step rooted in our courage to live out our larger purpose.
We invite you to join our plans for the next year:
To contact us, email Isadora at email@example.com
- The filmmaker made a goal to do 400 screenings in 2 years. We are 50% there, but we need your help. We are seeking American women and communities who want to co-host a screening and a Red Tent with the filmmaker. She will travel everywhere she can!
- We are also seeking screenings in the following US states so that we can fulfill our goal of all 50 US states. If you live in one of these states and would like to co-host with the filmmaker, email her.
NV, ID, NM, WY, MT, ND, SD, NE, KS, AL, MS, IA, KY, SC, WV, ME, RI, DE, MD, AK, and HI.
- Live abroad? Where do you want to see a screening of “Things We Don’t Talk About”? We can help you bring screenings to your communities wherever you live.
- We would like to have the film subtitled in French and Italian. Does anyone want to help us?
- We are applying to more film festivals, do you have any suggestions of festivals you would like us to apply to?
- The Red Tent movie BLOG is really hot right now! And we want you to be a guest blogger. We are always looking for writers who would like to be featured. To find out how visit: http://www.redtentmovie.com/be-a-guest-blogger.html
- Want to join us? To find out more about becoming a volunteer visit: http://www.redtentmovie.com/volunteer.html
Any other ideas? We LOVE your suggestions. Let us know what you want by commenting or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Together we can fulfill the promise of a great documentary that not only records history but also propels the future of women forward in a time where our leadership is most needed.
Dr. Isadora Gabrielle Leidenfrost